|—||Unknown (via uglierer)|
Trans women of color are magical, powerful, skilled and wise, yet there is still no international network for us. This network gathering will change that.
We still have $13,978 to meet our fundraising goal and just over two weeks. Please help us meet this goal. In organizing this network gathering, it’s been clear to me why this is so historic and important, why I’ve never heard of a gathering like this before (and please correct me if I’m wrong about that), it’s because so many trans women of color are struggling with multiple oppressions. The coordinators of this gathering are all making an intense personal effort in difficult times to make this happen. We realize that this won’t happen unless we can fund most of the travel costs for participants in this gathering.
If you believe that trans women of color and non-binary trans feminine people of colour as well, which includes, but isn’t limited to, people of colour who identify as bakla, hijra, fa’fafine, third gender, genderqueer, should have a day to meet each other face to face and imagine our collective futures, then please donate, ask your friends to donate, and help us spread the word.
If you believe in the visionary politics of the Allied Media Conference that starts by listening, proceeds by assuming our power instead of our powerlessless and creates a space for imagining the future, then ask yourself who gets to imagine the future and why, and help us bring more trans women of color into the conversation.
And lastly, if you want to help us build a network of connected trans women of color who will work for all oppressed people’s liberation by working for their own, then help make that network a reality by donating, asking your friends and organizations to donate and spreading the word everywhere!
17 days left people. Let’s make this happen.
hey queers who talk big shit about caring about TWOC - put your money where your mouth is!
Support Trans Women of Color through practice & action by supporting their agency & initiatives.
The bodies of two Houston women, a lesbian couple, were discovered near a dumpster in Galveston County, Texas. Share this:
They had a 5 year old child together too.
Depends on the type of garden! I’m an avid gardener, as you may know, so I’ll give you info on both regular and magical gardens.
If you’re planning just a regular ol’ garden, for herbs and flowers:
- rosemary: a hardy little herb!
- mint: spreads like wildfire! Make sure you have it contained either by wood or rocks. Good in tea, though
- marigolds: good for repelling bugs and rabbits
- aquilegia: otherwise known as columbines. Plant them in small containers first, and then transplant.
- astible: pretty, and generally really, really difficult to mess up
- sweet peas: lovely flowers!
- bee balm: attracts bees, butterflies, and smells amazing!
- bergamot: used for tea! Same family as bee balm. Actually, any of the Monarda plants are generally great.
- casual vegetables: such as peppers, beans, etc. Be careful of zucchini or cucumber: they produce a lotof vegetables for such a small starter plant, and spread very quickly. I’d recommend giving them their own space.
If you’re planning a magical garden:
- violet: these can be candied and eaten! Especially for Beltane, they’re delicious.
- mint: same dangers as above! Keep those plants contained.
- rosemary: always! It’s an all-purpose herb, used for replacing anything you may not have.
- sage: growing your own is a great alternative to constantly buying it, especially if you use it a lot.
- lavender: luck!
- blackberry or similar brambles: the berries can be used in spells, and the thorny branches do wonders for protection and potential cursing, if you do use curses.
- calendula: fantastic offering flowers
- dandelion: their bitter, crunchy leaves can also be eaten, yum! Great for encouraging people, and spreading ideas or influences. But just like mint, it spreads like wildfire, as I’m sure you already know. Make sure to keep it contained, and cut the seeds off before they float away.
- rose: duh!
- any bright, colourful flowers: if you work with Deities, specifically spring ones, you should keep a store of petals and flowers for offerings and blessings
- yarrow: a little difficult for beginners, but a good witchcraft herb if you’re up for the challenge.
- perovskia: known as Russian Sage, but the leaves are not edible.However, the flowers are! Use them in salad for a bit of a sharp, anise type flavor. Russian Sage is a euphoriant, meaning that is can be burned or smoked for its very, very small psychadelic properties. I burn it in bundles before ritual to cleanse the space. It’s a very hardy bush, and will grow extremely high.
- ***POISONOUS PLANTS are a NO-NO for beginner gardens***: poisonous plants are way too dangerous for beginners to start with. Cross-contamination is a danger, as are beginner witch gardeners mispicking or mishandling them. Stay away from aconite (monkshood, wolfsbane), wormwood, and fungi.
Whew, that was a long one! Sorry it took so long.
Obviously all of these plants have different needs: shade, water, soil, etc. Let me know if you have any more questions!
Erika and I need to find a day off together and then go shopping for stuff that we can grow in little things in the kitchen. But it’s going to be a super hot spring/summer here (I s2g it has been 75-83 consistently the last week).
This is a great list to get started with (because we’ll at least be able to have small pots in the apartment, for herbs and stuff!)
Well hey, if you’re looking for tips on specifically apartment gardening, look no further!
Whether you have met Lourdes Ashley Hunter or not, the world is better because she exists. Lourdes is a fierce leader who needs our support right now.
On Friday, March 7, 2014, Lourdes culminated a week of transformation at a Rockwood Leadership Institute retreat. On that day, all 22 of her fellow Rockwood leaders committed our support to our friend who is experiencing instability in her life.
We’re launching this page to marshal the resources to help lift up Lourdes as she continues pursuing her Masters in Public Administration, supporting her community and leading from her heart.As a black trans woman, Lourdes’ work, her life and her commitment to her community — it’s revolutionary. That’s why it’s critical that we support her right now.
Financial gifts to Lourdes will ensure that she can continue using her countless gifts to create extraordinary change.
Our goal is to raise $10,000 by April 8. Every dollar matters.
If you see something like this, DO NOT CALL AN EXTERMINATOR!
Call a beekeeper, they can relocate the hive instead of killing them. Bees are dying at an alarming rate, please do not contribute to that! They are so important for our ecosystem!
yo fuck this i aint gonna call no beekeeper i’m moving before i’m dead
I’m going to call an exterminator so the exterminator can kill them. I’ll be able to sleep at night knowing that there are less bees in the world.
No bees = no food.
No food = no life.
Congratulations on destroying the world.
Because you seem to not understand that bees pollinate flowers and literally bees are the reason we have food.
Did you guys even watch bee movie
you really really must call a bee keeper!
My family’s house had it’s entire attic taken over by bees one year. They slowly started appearing in the house, and then they were everywhere. We called a bee keeper, and he removed what he said was the largest domestic honeycomb/bee nest he’d ever seen. I was so terrified I’d gone to stay with a friend. My folks called me to meet the bee keeper, and he led me on the most magical journey through the house. He explained the bees were harmless if you move calmly through them and don’t swat at or harass them. He was only stung once because he accidentally put his hand down and smooshed one. The bees landed on me, walked a bit, then buzzed away. All honey combs and bees were safely removed and relocated. Call a bee keeper, they are awesome!
|—||Robert Polito (via wanduring)|
Patients taking the antidepressant Effexor (venlafaxine) should be aware that the drug manufacturer Pfizer has issued a recall of one lot of the medications after they discovered one bottle contained a heart drug used to treat atrial fibrillation.
The medication found is Tikosyn that was discovered in one bottle of Effexor XR. The heart medication could cause abnormal heartbeat that could cause symptoms of dizziness, sweating, pallor and fainting.
Patients should check their antidepressant for lot numbers 130142 and V130140, with expiration date of October 2015. Also recalled is Effexor XR with Greenstone lot number V130014, which expires in August 2015.
The antidepressant recall includes two lots of Effexor XR® 150 Mg Extended-Release Capsules and one lot of Greenstone’s Venlafaxine HCl 150 Mg Extended-Release Capsules.
The FDA warns the interaction between the heart drug Tikosyn and venlafaxine “could be fatal”.
Hi friends - if you know anyone who might use the medication, please reblog/signal boost