becoming the person you want to be is a slow but rewarding process
But so worth it
modern witches though
- witch code monkeys who lace their coding with an enchantment here and there to streamline what the computer can’t do on its own
- sorcerers boosting their network speed by muttering a few words at the router, making the thing glow blue and start whirring alarmingly
- summoners using art programs to lay out their summoning arrays so they never have to worry about drawing a perfect circle freehand ever again
- mages giving their laptop computers emergency power by holding the computer plug in one hand and chanting an energy spell at the metal
- groups of long-distance practicing magic users on skype trying to get their ominous incantations timed JUST perfectly so (and getting pissy at the lag when their bandwidth starts to get filled up)
MODERN WITCHES THOUGH
E-reader grimoires. Illusionists using Photoshop to design their glamers. Powerful casters commanding high prices and respect for their prowess, but giving tea, understanding, and inexpensive alteration spells to people who come to them with body dysphoria. A network of young casters across the globe working to create spells and supply each other with needed ingredients that the elder casters have to search for, because the young are much more comfortable with email.
I think about these things a lot.
Please consider emailing Time magazine at firstname.lastname@example.org to get them to reconsider not putting Laverne Cox on their list. She overwhelmingly got voted in at 91.5%, but was not put on there. Meanwhile, Carrie Underwood had 25% of the vote and was put on there.
The erasure of trans women, and women of color needs to stop. Ms. Cox does nothing but good work.
YOUR BODY IS BEAUTIFUL IF:
- you have a body
- that’s it
- you’re beautiful
- you win